Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 1 Feb 2018, 20:21 (Ref:3797550)   #2587
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
thinking about it more, i am actually a bit surprised that no driver (to my knowledge) has tried to live stream their Fitbit (or other health tracker) data during a race. i would imagine there is a lot of interest in this kind of stuff...and some potential sponsorship deals to be made in the process.
i think the trouble is what's mentioned in the article - they're using a new form of bluetooth with a 500m range, whereas the low energy version fitbits and stuff use now is more like... 50m?

i think it was during 2016 that a driver in "british f3" managed to stream an onboard gopro via facebook video during one free practice session, but only by having an agreement that he could have his phone in the cockpit! makes you wonder how much restrictive (but sensible and logical) regulations stop innovations like that. wouldn't it be great if f1 teams owned the rights to their own data and shared in-car footage so they could set up their own channels for their fans? it's not like they don't do something similar sent back to the factory already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
If it's anything like my fitbit it'll say outdoor bike for 90mins.
they don't handle certain vehicles well either, after a day's driving it's amazing how close to 10,000 steps you can get!