Thread: WEC BR1 Dallara LMP1
View Single Post
Old 12 May 2018, 22:35 (Ref:3821895)   #266
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
a quick aside before I begin, we need to stop referring to the SMP Dallara as the BR - BR is the actual chassis name -BR Engineer BR01- not the teams. When referring to the specific incidents we should use the driver or team name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
If the power steering cut out on the Dragonspeed car, it could have on the BR, though me saying that doesn't make it true, but something caused the car to go off line into the run off area, be it driver error, tire issue or something else.
The thing is, the SMP wasn't THAT far off track. The slightest wiggle at the bottom of the hill could send a car that wide, whereas Fittipaldi's Dallara had a very obvious and distinct issue that sent him straight through the corner.

It certainly could still be the same cause, but a far greater number of contributing factors could have led to the SMP going wide, so combine that with the two entries have different engines(Dragonspeed runs the Gibson engine, SMP has the AER) and the electronics needing to be programmed differently for them would reduce the likelihood of the same issue cropping up, and you get why I would be surprised if the same issue was at hand between the two.