View Single Post
Old 25 Oct 2019, 09:23 (Ref:3936666)   #136
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
This has always frustrated me with any rule-making body, be it sports or politics or whatever. (Promise I'm not getting political). They make rules, those get exploited with loopholes or unintended consequences. So, they like on more rules, while keeping the flawed first rule. Then it happens again. And again. Until they have so many rules/laws in place that they contradict each other, leading the most clever to exploit loopholes or use the rules to their advantage until further clarifications happen. But none of these rules are stripped down upon new information being made available, just more rules tacked on. So you end up with situations like this, where you're compliant in one way, but not another, and the only way for this to not happen is for all solutions to be known beforehand. Which, if we had that, teams would already be there, and this would all be pretty boring and pointless.
In national laws, ambiguity and contradiction are essential. Otherwise there would be very little need for solicitors and barristers. Then they would have to take much less well-paid jobs and actually contribute something useful to society.