View Single Post
Old 21 Dec 2014, 12:09 (Ref:3486870)   #13
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello everyone. Well, for better or worse, I'm back. Had allot of computer issues, but they seem to be cleared up now.

Allot to discuss. Reading about the rules, etc. I see way more that I dislike than I like. The MAIN thing I dislike, to the point of hatred, is the STUPID chase. It caused me to lose interest in whatever happened, at the end of last season! I didn't even watch the last 6 races of the season, nor have I watch anything since. It will govern my watching this season, as well. I'll watch Daytona and several of the other races early in the season, if I like what I see, I'll continue. If I don't, I'll watch only occasionally there after, just races like Charlotte, in May, a few others and then I'll quit watching when the FARCE, called the chase begins! The rest of the time, you'll find me riding my Harley!

Schedule - I FULLY agree with the move of the Southern 500 back to it's rightful and original place on the schedule! Bristol was probably a good move, due to weather issues. Overall, I'm glad that the schedule didn't change any more than it did. I am not and have not ever been an advocate of big changes in the schedule.

Rules - reduction of horse power, BAD move!

Higher spoilers, BAD move!

Weight reduction, BAD move!

Roller tappet valve lifters in place of flat valve tappet lifters - I understand it reduces wear, improves engine life, so probably a good move!

Qualifying. Since the Bull Squeeze, knockout CRAP was implemented, qualifying SUCKS! I use to watch every qualifying session, now I watch NO qualifying!

Driver adjustable track bar, BAD move! This is stock car racing, NOT these other forms of racing, where the drivers and computers make changes while the car is on the track! All of that NEEDS to be LEFT TO DO IN THE PITS!

Anyway, guess I'll see y'all off and on, this coming season. To all, a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!