View Single Post
Old 5 Jun 2019, 03:09 (Ref:3907986)   #18
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
When the real deals are true characters like Carroll Shelby and Ken Miles, it's gonna be hard to match that. Lee Iaocca and HF2 for that matter...Enzo, too but who cares about him?!

HOWEVER, I wasn't alive during this time and have always loved the actual story. How Hollywoodfied it ends up being is what will be the tipping point.

Rush was well done to me, with those little things like me saying "that's not Suzuka, that's Brands Hatch!" Same with Days of Thunder. That's Rockingham, not Daytona!! One is a movie based on true events and the other is loosely based on real people but the inner workings of true stories into film will always be a chore.

Brühl and Hemsworth were good in Rush and I find Damon and Bale enjoyable, so the acting won't be an issue. Odd Damon is Shelby, tho....

Anyway, I'm generally excited with cautious optimism. This is what I want people to make movies about. I've got two comic book kids and I'm sooooo over Marvel / DC movies (some are decent), so we'll be there, just not when it opens. That's older son's birthday so I'll have to watch another comic book film...

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 5 Jun 2019 at 03:19.