Thread: IMSA 2021
View Single Post
Old 10 Sep 2020, 12:49 (Ref:4001430)   #14
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Forgot that was today. ...
Wonder if any LMP2 team can afford a Platinum in the car to assist the Bronze? Platinum will be allowed as full season codriver in 21. Maybe a holding place for a Platinum not signed but can stay in a Prototype until LMDh rules come in?
That's a great point. I also wonder if this is to allow some drives for "sneaky platinums" (those exist, right?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I don't get it either, do they just think that a larger number of points sounds better?
I'm not positive of the driver for the change, but bumping up the race points by ten allows the normal pts to be given for qualifying. Otherwise we'd have 35 for the win, and 3.5 for the pole. Would have rather seen a 3-2-1 point allocation for qualifying, but, my application for rule writing hasn't even been reviewed by HR.

I can tangibly tell the different between 63 and 58 points. 745 and 680 takes a split second and a smidgen more mental math effort.