United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateModel24 View Post
From what I understand there are two issues:

1. the tracks need to be FIA spec.
2. NASCAR touring series rules.

Most of the ovals in Europe, and those we use for the late models such as Ipswich, Warneton and Venray are not FIA certified. Tours is a car park with a few temporary barriers added which is FIA certified hence they can use that.
Interesting, since the majority of the tracks that the regional NASCAR series, here in the U.S. run on are not FIA spec or approved and FIA spec/approval is not required here for the use of these tracks.

Quote:
The bigger ovals are stopped because, from what I've been told, NASCAR regional series cannot use anything bigger than 1.1 miles.

Maybe someone should buy Mallory and turn it into a true oval...
Perhaps that is the reason that Rockingham and Lausitz are not used. However, I saw, somewhere today, don't remember where, that there are talks about running Rockingham in the future. Time will tell, I guess.

Quote:
Edit: Yes, NASCAR is a predominantly oval series however "professional" racing in Europe is road course based. "Real" drivers don't like driving round in a circle.
Oh yeah, I forgot -- "Real" drivers. I guess that is why the "Real" drivers, f-1, indy, etc., have done SO WELL and have so throughly dominated the Sprint Cup Series in their forrays into Sprint Cup Races.