Old 18 Oct 2018, 14:33 (Ref:3857558)   #21
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
dikko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This weekend....

HFF Championships down to the wire...

Cameron Jackson and Ben Mitchell will settle the destiny of the HSCC Historic Formula Ford title during the Finals Meeting at Silverstone (20/21 October) after one of the most fiercely-contested seasons in the championship’s history.

There are various permutations and heading to Silverstone Jackson has a four-point advantage when dropped scores are factored in. However, it is basically a winner-takes-all scenario, with two wins for either driver enough to seal the crown. Each driver has scored six wins to date in the 15 races.

Mitchell, racing the Merlyn Mk20 owned by Marcus Pye, is trying to match his father Westie, champion in 2009, and his younger brother Sam who was champion in 2013. Jackson, meanwhile, fields a Lola T200 run by record-breaking five-time champion Neil Fowler.

Jackson said: “We went to Brands 10 points behind Ben and now we have a four-point advantage. I’ve just got to try and win the races but it is a bit of a lottery at Silverstone because you get such a big tow.”

Mitchell countered: “I’ve got to beat Cameron and I’m looking forward to two good clean races. You never know what can happen and we’ll just see how it goes.”

Andy Wiggins HFF Co-ordinator for the Over 50's Championship has the following message ...

The Radio Caroline HFF Over 50'S Championship pre Silverstone Finals weekend couldn't be much closer.

Going into the final two races the current lead is TIED between Rob Smith and Brian Morris, both on 222 points!!

At this point it is worth reminding drivers that the final positions will be calculated once a drivers 4 worst results are removed from their points total. The attached table highlights each driver's CURRENT worst 4 results and this gives Rob Smith a slight advantage on 211 points over Brian Morris on 208

Again 3rd place boils down to just 3 points (after 4 worst races removed) between Tim Brise (142 points) and Stuart Kestenbaum (139 points)

No pressure boys but it really is all to play for. "