View Single Post
Old 9 Apr 2018, 15:59 (Ref:3814441)   #336
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
is this really a change in Liberty policy though?

still no change in their policy of no grid girls (the placard/sign holder variety) and local promoters can still do their thing in terms of their own needs...im not sure i see much change in what Monaco and Russia are suggesting they want to do or a backtracking by Liberty.

imo, sensible heads have prevailed as everyone is figuring out the new paradigm.

i also think a good balance was struck in Bahrain.

kids on the grid, a nice horn and string section playing the anthem instead of canned music and a line of ladies...although they were still there in fewer numbers including a couple of Gulf Air flight attendants on the podium even.

those of us who think the practice was superfluous/over the top have seen a big reduction of that, the local promoter can still appease their corporate sponsors (in this case Gulf Air), still pretty girls around for those that are there but now done in more subtle (and frankly classier) way.

the glamour and glitz of F1 has remained intact at an opulent race course with celebs on the grid and elaborate fireworks show at the end.

a good example of compromise and civility!