View Single Post
Old 16 Apr 2018, 23:50 (Ref:3816075)   #111
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post

3rd race in a row where they have been massively let down by their race simulation/data analysis team. begs the question, what do these people even do in the data center?

i suspect slacking off/surfing the net like every other employee in front a computer all day.

for me first question about that would be if they didnt think the soft had much benefit then surely still even pitting for a fresh set of mediums made more sense then staying on the slightly used set LH was currently on....or does the communication delay/ analysis time prevent quick responses?

or at the least, if they were so confident in track position over fresh rubber, then send your pit crew out in an attempt to trick Ferrari into making an extra stop. a call which the pit wall should have made and could have bought them a little more time to hear back from base.

i also dont like the uniformity in strategies...hedge your bets with whichever car of yours is running second....thats just old school race strategy no?

of course all hindsight but i feel like they are missing the tricks that used to be common place before the data/race simulation revolution took their racing instincts away.

anyways, glad to see Merc get defeated again by virtue of an over reliance on money and technology.
Ross Brawn and Ron Dennis would run the strategies in their heads.