View Single Post
Old 7 Jun 2012, 12:30 (Ref:3086840)   #12
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Supposedly Monster have only paid $200k per season for the Development Series sponsorship, which by all accounts is a bargain.

But its a quantum leap from 200k per year to multiple millions. While I never say never, its a long shot if you ask me.

Economic conditions are a bit ugly, who's recession-proof?

Normally you'd say alcohol is one but who is out there, hungry for market share and with dollars to spend?

There's no doubt that Triple 8 has the cred, stars and results to snag a top line sponsor that may surprise. Lets face it the Vodafone sponsorship has been one of the best and most prestigious the sport has had and they have had no shortage of results to go along with it.

I know this is probably far from what would happen but imagine if this was the catalyst for a real big fish...

Red Bull - in and around the sport for some time, they have the right profile and the money
Coca-Cola, (Pepsi are in...)
Johnny Walker (Diageo - to counter Beam Brands & Jack Daniels), they clearly have the pedigree, and the money:
http://finance.ninemsn.com.au/newsbu...tch-production

How about someone from the financial sector or FMCG... Would love to see a Team American Express or imagine the lovely colour of a Team Cadbury!

I know I know, but its fun to dream.