View Single Post
Old 11 Jul 2018, 10:06 (Ref:3836026)   #38
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think if I went again, I would either go with a group of people that knew what they were doing, or maybe a package tour. AS I made a lot of mistakes or was simply let down by crap info.

Inside Porsche Curves there was a group that had their own camping area, and food, shuttle bus, all sorts, looked great, but likely expensive way to do it.

Primarily though the weather was a factor, and that is likely to be the case in the future. It pervades everything in me anywhere. I literally can't stand it that hot, and the forecasts got worse, the closer the event got!

I am annoyed that I missed out on so much, but some of that was me not wanting to plod around in 32 degrees, some of it poor information.

And to be honest, the money it would cost to do one of those tours, I am not interested enough to go to those lengths I am afraid, for any kind of motorsport.

I looked on this is a relatively affordable way to do a cool event, and partly through my own annoyance, partly the poor info but mainly the weather, the event was a bit of a damp squib.

Put it this way, have been to the Ring 3 times after the first visit, simply to go there. I did not feel that vibe at LM. It's a very different place. Ring for me is Mecca, for all sorts of things. LM just seemed like a very big race track. I know I am not comparing like for like, but my Dad felt the same and he is not easily impressed!!! And he was very surprised by how the Ring made him feel, was not expecting it at all.

Simple thing like not having a food stall anywhere in the biggest campsite, loos and showers yes, but no bar or food outlet. That's plain stupid unless there is a reason for it. Thousands of people in there.

Oh and was it me, but was it mainly Belgians, French and Brits! there!!