Thread: Driver Ricciardo
View Single Post
Old 31 Oct 2011, 15:01 (Ref:2979626)   #36
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
alguersuari wasn't going to win the fr3.5 title either, iirc. given an extra year, who knows, but in my opinion they did the right thing with him.

i think it was clear that ricciardo, for whatever reason, wasn't going to be in the title hunt in fr3.5. even if his performance at monaco was superb, and he drove a great race at monza pressuring vergne. i don't believe it'd have made any difference if he'd have been there to race at motorland and start the season properly.

i think putting ricciardo in a dodgy f1 car was right, considering the fact he wobbled and lost the fr3.5 title (i don't believe aleshin won it, ricciardo lost it). what better way to see if that was an unfortunate set of circumstances than to put him in a difficult situation and see how he handles it? plus it gains him experience in a f1 situation, which is entirely different to anything else regardless of how you think of it.

they'd be wise to do the same with vergne. at the moment they don't have quite the same comparison, and his reaction to the pressure at barcelona was very hamilton-esque.
And I stand by my point that these guys needed to be given the time to win their titles and get experience. You throw Grosjean into F1 now and he'd be a completely different driver.