View Single Post
Old 31 Oct 2018, 13:30 (Ref:3860127)   #300
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I never thought I was going to be invited back after a meeting with Clark of the Coarse, MSA stewards and officials from Goodwood back in 2016. So never say never. This year got invited to race in my Lotus 22 and guest drive in the Westminster. The Westminster was so much fun, probably best race I have had this year.
The Chichester Cup had to be the most competitive line up of FJ rear engine cars to date.
When I looked at entry list I said I would finish 18th. No time to test before hand and we had a UJ break in qualy. Think I lined up P25. Poor start but got going towards the end closing down on the Merlin of John Sykes but as we got to Woodcote on last lap the leaders were on us so I stayed well clear but alas did not get past the Merlin. Where did i finish. P19.
Thank-you again David for the lovely photos. Dont forget when to you venture racing abroad always contact me for tickets. Cheers.