View Single Post
Old 25 Dec 2018, 07:52 (Ref:3872336)   #5
Eyebrows
Rookie

Eyebrows should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Totally right of course. Yes sometimes its just a matter of front end gril or decals set to change the things. Those are available or can be reproduced. An example? The Grp2 2600 RS Capri Ripolin driven by Yves Scemama belongs to the front running batch in HTC series by PA. Originally was a 1300 XL.
To go further in your quest-ion, you dont have to choose between two appendixes, K or J, you must comply with both so K and J. Plus your homologation form, plus proof of what was legally used in period. It sounds as a hassle but is not.
Apart from this I find the choice of a DAF a good and original one. Just my opinion.
Thanks very much for the reply.

With regards to conforming, I have looked at appendix J and it seems like your usual safety and general stuff. I haven't properly looked through K, I didn't realise they went hand in hand so I'll have to read through K and understand it. With regards to the homologation form, how do I have to comply to it? Just prove its the same car? Does it matter that the only homologation I can find is for a group 1 car for a Volvo 1300 gl?

For period modifications are there any particular methods of proving them period or just search for photos, cars taking part in events or the parts on another car?

With regards to the choice of car, I think it will be the Volvo. The marathon is unlikely and its condition not good, the Volvo's really quite good.

Sorry for so many questions, trying to get my head around all this! Merry Christmas all