Thread: WEC Rebellion Racing
View Single Post
Old 27 Mar 2016, 10:46 (Ref:3627763)   #1270
Mikelancs
Rookie

Mikelancs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontlieue View Post
That's a bit harsh. It's obvious that they are unable to challenge the manufacturers, and it would be unfair to expect it from them. Who was the last true privateer to do so? Pescarolo in 2006 comes to my mind, but since Peugeot joined, the manufacturers really stepped up their game and left the privateers far behind.

From Rebellion's point of view, the logical thing to do is to make sure they stay ahead of Kolles, and evaluate their options for 2017.

I hope that Rebellion remain committed to LMP1. I also hope that more privateers join LMP1, Strakka and SMP being the most likely candidates. I don't want to sound overly pessimistic, but I don't think the budgets of well over $100m per year that the manufacturers are spending each year make for a sustainable championship. Manufacturers come and go, and should they decide to go, it will be important to have a healthy privateer LMP1 class, especially now that LMP2 has been reduced to a semi spec category.
Didnt Strakka ditch their LMP1 effort last year to enter this year?
I think you will find that they too decided to not enter as they sited that the competion against outlay didn't add up!