View Single Post
Old 3 May 2018, 16:51 (Ref:3819164)   #55
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I think it's still eot. They are supposed to be equivalent. And imo they will be in terms of pace eventually. The point of having a hybrid would be lost if they were to be equal in terms of stint length though. That's what the rule makers have pointed out for a long time now. Whether it's fair or not, that's up for debate but you can't say this is some new revelation.
That's not strictly true - even if they ran equal stint lengths, the hybrid does it on less fuel. That means less weight which means more ballast to play with. It also has more flexibility in how it can deploy power compared to a traditional car, plus four wheel drive etc. And short pit stop times (although that may now be gone with the terrible new pit stop regulations). There's more than just fuel economy here.

It's crazy because all of this was actually predicted. It was said that at the last minute the ACO would move the goal posts for the privateer teams. When the new regulations were produced there were raised eyebrows and there were articles posted pointing out that the new regulations really did favour a balanced hybrid versus non-hybrid grid. Then at the last minute the fuel gets cut massively and then stint lengths changed. So much for that, eh? Almost like bait and switch tactic. Promise them rules they can challenge with and after they've committed, make some changes. Hell, make the changes after the teams turn up at the track. That's classy.

I don't even know why I'm annoyed at it. It was so predictable it's not even funny. Taxes, death and the ACO pandering.