View Single Post
Old 3 May 2018, 17:16 (Ref:3819176)   #61
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
The problem is that Elton Julian is simply wrong. The wording in that bulletin is not ambiguous at all. I've already explained that. And it's not 'a few days before the first race'. The bulletin spoken of was released on the 16th of April, over two weeks ago. And it's a refinement of the EoT set for the prologue where maximum fuel usage per stint was also already in the EoT regulations.

Also if you look at the quote, the [a few days part] was added in by the editor.
You're completely correct about the [] part being added. However saying "over two weeks ago" like it's a long time is a bit misleading. These programs have been in development for 8-10 months, and we're moving the goal posts two weeks before the race? That doesn't ring alarm bells anyone? I don't think Elton Julian is wrong to be annoyed about building his team and plans around a set of regulations, only to have them changed as they're finalising what they're going to be eating for dinner when they arrive in Belgium.

The word should is completely ambiguous. That's the beauty of the word. It tells you what a competitor should do. If you don't do what you should do, you may be punished. A cynic would say it's been put in there on purpose so they can apply it when they want. However, I'll take the route of it's just more bad planning by the ACO. Kinda why we're in this mess in the first place. Using the word should in any sort of official rule, regulation or documentation is just outstanding.

Also interesting to see which cars they disadvantaged with the change. We've got a hybrid set of rules used by 1 team, and we've got a non-hybrid set of rules used by 5 teams. If one of those is unbalanced, surely you'd adjust the one used by 1 team to cause minimum disruption? Or do we not want to disturb the big team too much? hmm.

On a separate note: The Manor issues are sorely predictable. Chinese money and things always looking a bit iffy, coupled with the Ginetta. I'm surprised it's gotten this far with two cars, and like TF110, I'm a bit disappointed we've had cars turned away for this so far. Hoping they get whatever issue it is sorted out.