View Single Post
Old 3 May 2018, 18:00 (Ref:3819203)   #75
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
So you're just looking for any excuse to whine about the ACO. I see. No point in having an actual discussion then.
Nope (RedSquirrel gets it below). I've made my point clear (and you clearly understand it too as I'm no longer getting a real response). I've defended the ACO compared to SRO and IMSA quite heavily on this forum, but this one is quite a massive miss management of the entire situation. Just because I'm critical, it doesn't mean I'm always critical. And just because I like the ACO, doesn't mean I will blindly support them through poorly managed situations. Organisations I like are not perfect. Sorry that I don't see things in an easy black and white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSquirrel View Post
Ah, so it all comes down to the possibility of penalties being issued. I don't think that'll happen. Look at the 2016 GTE fiasco. The ACO's pandering to one party managed to make everyone really properly angry and made Le Mans into a farce. They'll be more wary of pandering this time, particularly as there is so much riding on the privateers being competitive enough to prevent Toyota from clearing off into next week.
Yes, you get my point (maybe it was poorly explained before, but now we're on the same page). I wish I shared your optimism, but in all honesty, I don't think it's enough to hope the wording won't become an issue. They've given themselves the opportunity to use this, and that's such a bad situation to be in. It's such a ridiculous situation that you accidentally worded it better in this thread! Either that or you're a natural regulation writer. Get your CV into the ACO.

You're totally right that the 2016 pandering turned it into a farce, and you'd like to hope they'd stop pandering...and then they moved Fuji for one team, causing problems for lots of others. They don't appear to have learnt much from the pandering burns of the past.