View Single Post
Old 7 May 2018, 12:36 (Ref:3820588)   #80
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Why not have a 2 hour race last on the programme so part timers like me can see all the other stuff , watch the first 40minutes or so and get off? That's the model I have seen for Guards Trophy etc .

In other news , I thought the new paddock cafe was a big improvement.

standing next to the Lotus Judd F1 car as it fired up and watching people try to tame animals like the Le Mans Tiger still made it a good day .
I agree about the running of two hour races in the morning, believe it or not! A lot of series (Peter Auto and Masters for two) will time their long distance GT or Sportscar race for the end of the middle day (of a 3 day meeting). Silverstone Classic used to organise the same, although that may have changed. As a driver, I quite like it, as it can be cooler! Unfortunately for you, GTSCC always ask for a late morning race (unless a one day meeting), so if you see them listed, that’s what you are going to get. They usually have enough ‘clout’ (with their large high quality grids) for organisers to give them their preferred slot.... I expect it will be the same at Silverstone HSCC in June- in case you’re thinking of going!

The Donny cafeteria is a vast improvement, but IMO so far the food and service isn’t a patch on Snetterton! Early days, of course, but the latter is run as a franchise by very good people. Not sure if Donny is MSV staff or otherwise....