View Single Post
Old 11 Aug 2016, 12:44 (Ref:3665113)   #1823
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So about the grids next year.

What do we think the chances are for additional entries in LMP1 besides the standard six factory cars and Rebellion (now that they've confirmed return) and Kolles.
Third Audi - extremely unlikely given the indication recently
Third Porsche - moderately unlikely given the Audi lead
Third Toyota - there's some indication of it happening but this is Toyota we're talking about so...
Second CLM - ehh
Other privateers - there's no reason for anyone to commit before 2018 (if even then)

So I guess very optimistically we can hope for 11, mildly optimistically 10, and realistically/pessimistic 9. Anything above those pleasant surprise and obviously anything below disappointment.

In LMP2 the ratio between spec-mobiles and old 2016-and-before array of vehicles will be interesting but the grandfathering rules will make having older machinery obsolete regardless (unless victory isn't your goal, you simply have no money, or you are in crappy situation created by ACO like SMP). I don't believe there will be any Rileys or Dallaras except maybe one or two, the rest will be armada of clone spec Orecas and Onroaks with those grandfathered cars there in the mix in some capacity. Including the older gen Orecas and Onroaks, and rebadged "Alpine" nonsense etc of course

GTE who cares

I'm actually moderately interest to see what Welter will achieve in G56, well whatever there is to achieve within the limited parameters of that position. I just hope it actually materialized and doesn't end up being another GreenGT. The trust was more secure with the Nissan advertising projects and this year's LMP2 modded Pescarolo because they were directed by actual manufacturers. That's why it's almost little less trustworthy with these smaller innovative projects.

It could be another of those "intermittent" in-between years for prototype categories before 2018 and 2019.