View Single Post
Old 8 Dec 2016, 10:56 (Ref:3694754)   #138
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I agree with Simon's view.

But being a bit "glass half full", perhaps this just demonstrates the difference between PA and HSCC. It's a bit like MRL and PA, they both run similar categories but one is FIA sanctioned and the other is a UK centric organisation. So in the case of F2 can the two organisers co-exist? Seems to me that if you can afford to run a F2 then the chance of a few overseas events might be attractive. However if the calendars clash then perhaps PA doesn't have that same view.

As to the Vote to leave the EU? Not sure how that impacts most of us since we can still travel throughout Europe, just the same as we did before Lisbon. Delta and Gordon probably have more experience than most with this. But in the context of historic motor sport in general I doubt there will be much difference.

As to EU matter
again, I dont agree
what You can do or not NOW is not the question
the question will be how it will work IN FUTURE
as this will mean bringing car from UK into and out of the EU there will be the full customs and tax impact of that
AT BEST, you will need carnets again for the cars and tools to get in and out with no taxes paid and no bonds or deposits paid on entry on the assumption that you will take the car back

this will apply vice versa for Europeans going into the UK

also it would be one thing to get the car for instance FROM UK INTO EUROPE,
it is quite another TO GET IT BACK IN
dont assume that UK customs will treat You friendly because you are UK resident
potentially you are evading taxes so they will check
just ask a car/bike dealer about NOVA and the potential fines involved
and this is NOW where there is no tax to paid importing a classic car from Europe but You can still get fined over NOVA if you dont register vehicle movement quickly

And if You dont believe me....
remember Bernie had use his influence to get F1 spares out of customs this year in Asia ?

UK will have similar customs status, so expect similar falllout

on the other hand, there are FJ tour events all over the world with cars beeing shipped, so it is possible to do that, just into Europe with more red tape than before

RuE

Last edited by Rudernst; 8 Dec 2016 at 11:18.