Thread: NZV8's 2011/12
View Single Post
Old 6 Nov 2011, 15:32 (Ref:2982317)   #74
brown dog
Racer

brown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbrown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy G View Post
What did you guys think of the pit-stop concept? Wasn't a fan myself, take the POV of marketing to a casual V8 fan, they'd be used to slick stops in the Supercars, and here we are battling with 5 studs.

Keep the cars on the track, that's where the NZV8 class has always excelled, on track action. Why force them into a stop for 1 tyre where Casual-Steve has to battle with a rattle gun.
Really daft idea bringing the pitstop in. Got to agree with you there. Pitstop was a joke. Cars and teams obviously not setup for pitstops, so why bother with this "contrived" action to try and make it look like a REAL race where REAL race cars come in to make a pitstop for legitimate reasons, like for example when they actually NEED new tyres!

Just adds another cost to the teams if they decide to continue. For example, if I was a team owner, I would be developing a system to retain the wheelnuts in the wheels (nothing new there) or convert to a Nascar style system where the nuts are glued on to the new wheel and long studs are used. Once somebody does it, every one else will have to or get left behind.

The only excitement was watching the wet race and KNOWING that there was going to be a big crash given that most of the field was on slicks, and you have to question the responsibility of race control for not sending out a safety car? A blind man could have seen that carnage was to follow, and with an already depleted field the last thing they need is to lose cars.

Last edited by brown dog; 6 Nov 2011 at 15:42.