View Single Post
Old 24 Jan 2017, 07:15 (Ref:3704670)   #96
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd be very interested in what others think about the extended track.

Not having driven the new part, my observation as a spectator may or may not be relevant.

Firstly, the new extension is effectively out of bounds to spectators, at the moment anyway, other than maybe the corner where the new joins the old, so the spectator experienced hasn't really been enhanced.

Secondly, having 6 lap races instead of the 8 on the National track, effectively denies spectators the opportunity to see the cars as often.

In an endurance race, this probably isn't much of an issue, so maybe the future is very much the National circuit, which for my money is stunning to drive and great for taking photographs. Probably not ideal for spectators wanting to see a lot of the track from one position.

The extended track certainly saw more minor panel damage in one of our series races, than we'd had over the last three seasons, but that is probably just racing.

With 43 cars in a handicap race, on a new track, maybe some drivers weren't using their mirrors as much as they should have...