Thread: Driver 2019 F1 Silly Season
View Single Post
Old 24 Jul 2018, 20:47 (Ref:3838602)   #61
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Gert, not so sure the team prefer Sainz to Ocon at all.

And I hear Checo to Haas in place of Grosjean very possible indeed.
I don't know for sure. That's just what I heard. For every rumour I hear, someone else hears something completely different.

From what I hear: Hulkenberg + Sainz = stability, for once. Sainz pushes Hulkenberg, unlike Palmer and races good enough to get some decent results on his own (although recent races were somewheat diappointing, resultwise).
And they seem to both like and dislike the same aspects in the car and give comparable technical feedback.
They (the race team) know what they have and don't know what they would get (with Ocon) in that regards.

As far as I know, a choice for Ocon would be more of a political one than a technical/sporting one.
I have been reading French magazines (Sport-Auto, Auto-Hebdo) for long enough to recognize that French trait...