View Single Post
Old 9 Mar 2020, 20:02 (Ref:3962590)   #16
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just checked and my MSUK licence lapsed some years ago so here goes.

They've got some problems.

In my world karting is fragmenting away from MSUK governance, including one prestigious national series that has allegedly attracted TV coverage on Sky Sports F1. I believe litigation by the MSUK is involved there. "IKR" as it has been dubbed is kart racing outside of the auspices of MSUK and is thriving.

Loads of new MSUK rules are sending people away, both drivers and teams. It will happen in car racing - already there are "non-MSUK" sprint series.

Actions like the treatment of Frank Lyons will further drive a wedge between the drivers and the self-appointed "governing body". Surely a dialogue is more appropriate than Draconian penalties, even if they are "pour encourager les autres"?

I think that MSUK has lost a good man and we will regret its actions. A sad day for motor sport.

I've checked and I can't see anything other than fact and fair comment here [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk