View Single Post
Old 25 Mar 2020, 14:01 (Ref:3966768)   #203
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I can't see the festivals being run this year. If the tracks are opened for say October there will be other calls on e.g. emergency services, temporary grandstands, catering outlets from activities that haven't cancelled.
^This^

In a military context, there is the concept of having forces @readiness.
When held at higher levels of readiness, there is an attrition rate that also rises.
Bringing more forces up to an @readiness state (force generation) takes time and resources, and becomes increasingly difficult as the operational tempo rises.

If we look at all of the agencies that are involved in dealing with the current situation, they are at the equivalent an extremely high operational tempo.
Their ability to force generate is becoming increasingly depleted. Being unable to force generate quick enough is the risk that plans are designed to mitigate.

When the situation is resolved, there needs to be a period of recovery and recuperation before the services can return to a normal footing - let alone force generate to support other activities.

Consider the ambulance service - after months of dealing with this situation, do we expect them to immediately give up their leave and weekends to support other activities?