View Single Post
Old 26 Feb 2017, 23:57 (Ref:3714950)   #70
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
It featured good racing. I wouldn't say it didn't because it did. But the attrition was nutty.

I take the philosophical view about tampering with the routine races. There is the iphone generation and you gotta adjust to their attention-span. Or at least that's the unavoidable realpolitik of it anyway.

But shredding the majors up just diminishes them, unnecessarily so. I want a muscular, fast, unpredictable endurance event for the majors where fatigue is a factor that sets it apart from the rest.

A bunch of preplanned pauses and sprints and the like is unsuited to a major event. I don't care what they call it, it wasn't the "500", it was something less than that. And that's a shame because it's so unnecessary. You could have a rejigged system with variety that was reasonable to everybody and allowed the majors to retain their prominence.