View Single Post
Old 4 Feb 2019, 12:09 (Ref:3881854)   #563
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Exactly. Many factors involved in the decision, among which lack of certainty on the UK staying part of ‘the single market’ is only one.

Sales of that model are not strong, at best.....

If I watch any news on TV now, it’s World News. More reporting the facts, rather than trying to manipulate them!

There would seem seem to be little point in making the X-Trail in a part of the world where is does not have a significant market share and where whatever share it has is likely to fall rather than rise. Migtht as well bring them in from Russia (via Japan).

More to the point there would seem to be little point in being concerned about not building a car that was not going to be successful.

I see JLR have cancelled the Range Rover SV "coupe" or whatever that 2 door version of a Sport (was it the sport? they call look alike to me these days) was called.

OK, only 999 to be made and a silly price to be paid but at least it would have been built in Coventry (supposedly) so why have there not been signs of wailing and gnashing of teeth from the media?

After all a media that cannot differentiate a small private plane from a jet and an air registration ID from a model number surely isn't going to be able to differentiate between a Range Rover limited edition and a mass market city car and would have both creating millions of jobs and generating huge tax revenues for the Treasury.