View Single Post
Old 8 Jul 2020, 14:56 (Ref:3986752)   #30
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Tesla Cybertruck in Demand as Pre-Orders Top 650K

'"We estimate that pre-order levels are staggering coming out of the gates since announced last year and currently stand north of 650,000 based on our estimate with momentum," [Dan] Ives said. Ford Motor Company, the leader in the pick-up truck market, sells roughly 1 million F-150 pickups per year.'

With that level of orders (if the figure is reliable) then how common will the Cybertruck be on the roads. It's looks are definitely something that has drawn comment, but with them becoming more commonplace will the impact start to diminish?
sorry going back a bit...have no problem with EVs and think Tesla is a cool company but i just doubt their ability to scale up production and meet the demand. i think people will be waiting a long long time to see delivery and in the meantime the traditional manus will catch up with more modestly priced EVs and established dealership network that fits with how people are used to buying cars.

if one was serious about buying an EV then why would they wait? particularity when there looks to be so so many more options soon to be available for immediate purchase?