View Single Post
Old 9 Jul 2020, 16:34 (Ref:3987012)   #36
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
If you are more interested in how older vehicles can still have a place in a world if combustion engines are no longer permitted - a garage in Grenfell provides a service to electrify classic VWs.
anecdotal, but several of the custom car shows seems to be making it more acceptable to modernize a classic car rather than attempt to restore them to factory/original condition. maybe just a natural transition as old parts are harder to come by and people wanting a more comfortable modern ride experience with all the tech while enjoying a classic body styling.

i can see these sorts of conversion garages absolutely becoming more and more common place.

and if the conversions are reasonably priced relative to a new EV, many may opt to upgrade/convert their existing gas car rather than buy a new vehicle.