View Single Post
Old 21 Jul 2020, 08:04 (Ref:3989890)   #50
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
On the subject of looks - and retaining the same body shapes as ICE cars, BMW have confirmed that they will continue with platforms that are both ICE and EV powered.

Why BMW isn’t going all-electric just yet

'While many other manufacturers race to develop and perfect EV-only platforms, BMW is taking an altogether different approach. For the foreseeable all its platforms will be able to accept all types of powertrain – from full-electric, via plug-in hybrid to ICE.

BMW spokesperson Wieland Brúch explains: “We learned [with the i3], and also with the i8, that the speed with which electrification is picking up velocity all around the world is very different from market to market because customer needs are so different.”

“That’s why we readjusted our strategy, and we are very convinced that for the next many years flexibility is the key to success, meaning that every customer should have the choice about the drivetrain they wish to get.”'

It makes sense to keep your options open with powertrain install for the foreseeable future, but I wonder if the potential of an EV is compromised by fitting the components into a design originally intended for ICE use?