View Single Post
Old 25 Apr 2019, 13:42 (Ref:3899566)   #340
Simon P
Rookie

Simon P should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddha View Post
They do apply to everyone, the trouble is knowing if the HTPs you refer to are actually valid or just applications, in which case you can't do anything as it's not even validated.

Second aspect, the FIA recognises errors and they can happen as with all system involving a human person and even more with history as our knowledge of the past is an ever growing one as the years come by and pictures show up.

So you can request a red dot procedure to be applied by scrutineers to the valid HTP papers so that they are corrected for the next round.

#7 - Correct
#22 - It's a Chevron B21 allowed in CER1 and organiser decision, allowed to race with an airbox and a nonsense but what can we do...?
#56 - I suppose racing on an Application.
#67 - As per the above.

In fact, I have gone through the 22 valid HTPs for B19s and only 3 have an airbox fitted but previous to my time here and when procedures were different, these are exactly the ones that should be red doted for correction. I will tell Mr Pluton about this discussion.
Louis, thank you for the very thorough answer, I appreciate any system on this scale can never be perfect! But this is all very reassuring.

My last query/clarification… the air box comprises of two sections, the external removable scoop and the bottom engine compartment section which retains the air filter.

Am I correct in assuming; The external scoop must be removed, but the lower ‘air filter-section’ can be retained?

Best,
Simon