View Single Post
Old 19 May 2019, 08:48 (Ref:3904627)   #29
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crow View Post
Agree all that but what an uninspiring place Silverstone, with its prison camp built in an industrial estate ambience, has become. At least for a spectator. The lap is far to long for slower historic cars and the viewing so restricted that one spends most of the time gazing sadly at an empty stretch of unappealing tarmac, roundly cursing the fools who destroyed the place in their doomed chase for some of Ecclestones gold. I spent the day looking at the old bridge before Woodcote where the same cars racing now used to burst out at full speed before hurtling into that fearsome bend, scrabbling and sliding for grip. Gone now forever but still vivid in my memory.
Echo that sentiment, Bridge and Abbey used to be really good spectating but the place now is dull, universally grey with acres of gravel run off everywhere and as a spectator you are so far removed from the action. I'm off to Cadwell for the HSCC in a few weeks for some real race entertainment.