View Single Post
Old 11 Oct 2018, 04:40 (Ref:3856050)   #25
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am surprised people say women are at no disadvantage to men when it comes to driving racing cars. Either today's racing cars are too easy to drive or today's women drivers are more tough than they let on.

Putting resources into junior formulae or karting is easy to say but difficult to do. Everyone say they want to do it but who do you give the money to? They don't have much track record for you to refer to since, well, this is entry level stuff we are talking about. Someone wins a kart race and gets the backing? That way the money runs out pretty quick.

I don't see the problem of having a women's championship. I think it will encourage more women's participation. But women should also be allowed to compete in the top (i.e. men's) championship, if they are suitably qualified, like they do in chess and snooker.

Ultimately I think Liberty Media will want to create a Women's F1 Championship, but they need to get enough women racing at a certain level first. W Series might just be the formula they need for this to happen.