View Single Post
Old 12 Jun 2016, 07:13 (Ref:3649053)   #21
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
They just showed the back stretch and there are damp patches.

If they don't race and it looks unlikely that they will, that 's going to affect Bourdais and Dixon, particularly Dixon because he's second in the championship, as they both have to be at Le Mans tomorrow.
I don't believe the teams would like to call in their reserve drivers because their regular drivers would need to go elsewhere to drive because of the postponement.
Probably, the regular drivers' individual contracts spell out how exactly this situation is to be handled.
However, I guess it would be kind of interesting to see a few reserve drivers in that Texas race, even if they would have to start from the back. They would need an additional practice session before that, though, and it's hard to imagine they would get one.

On another message board, somebody mentioned the drivers which need to arrive at Le Mans soon are not just Dixon and Bourdais, but Aleshin and Townsend Bell as well. Since Bell is not racing at Texas but merely commenting, finding a capable pundit to substitute for him in the booth should be a lot easier than the actual racing drivers, if need be.

All of the teams in question, Ganassi, KVSH and Schmidt have run additional cars at Indy and/or have an associated development driver. Most likely, they have already phoned these guys to check if they are available just in case.

But why do I even bother? This is still being held completely out of my time zone.