View Single Post
Old 12 Mar 2018, 21:23 (Ref:3807580)   #1142
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I hope it's more. Even a static camera is still cool if it is more than one of them. I too have doubts about extended coverage of the prologue, but if I were the WEC I would seriously look into it to get the word out about the super season, even if Alonso isn't going to be there.
Yes!

And it's the same exact issue with Le Mans Test Day, it's essentially worthless if you're not at the circuit. There was one year where they provided CCTV shots (2013) and then the next (2014) where they had actual proper cameras - albeit still static - overhead the circuit, but then they gave up for no reason and we are back to stone age again with crap-tastic non-coverage.

It's even more insult to injury considering that unlike in the past these tests are now force-madatory for the teams, yet no-one can see them (I don't consider second hand social media clips as such)

The only upside of Test Day coverage in contrast to HTTT is that at least LT, RLM cover it live, but most of the time if you can't catch the sessions live you're screwed anyway because their on-demand archiving is sketchy at best.

Last edited by Deleted; 12 Mar 2018 at 21:35.