View Single Post
Old 2 Jun 2020, 10:32 (Ref:3979772)   #2
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I've been going through my old Le Mans photos recently, scanning negs to my computer and I was reminded that in the mid-90's I played around a little bit with effects filters. I still have one or two, but haven't used them for years and the Cokin holder I had at the time has long since disappeared.

I quite fancy having another go. I can buy another Cokin holder and adaptor rings relatively cheaply, but I wondered if there is any advice to be had about which way to go? I really don't want to spend a fortune on something that I may only use occasionally.

Thanks
They were all the rage years back and I used to use them on 35mm and movie films on S8, however I find it's easier to do it in post on the laptop.
All the "stuff" I used to use is now redundant and confined to the attic, It cost a fortune back then but can't bring myself round to just chuck it away and I doubt if I'm alone. Even the humble reflex Digi cameras that took over from the 35mm SLRs are dying a death except for the dedicated amateurs and professionals with the advent of the smartphones.
I was watching "Dragons Den" the other week where there was someone showing extra clip on lenses for smartphones and Peter Jones told the budding entrepreneurs that they were wasting their time as they will never replace a "proper" camera, however I am not so sure in that he is right as they seem to be getting better all the time with every new model that comes out. Several people that I know in the advertising industry have been using the latest phones alongside all their top of the range "gear" and have found that the finished article isn't worth spending vast amounts of money for something that doesn't make an awful lot of difference, especially as most people view them on a phone anyway.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !