View Single Post
Old 13 Jul 2020, 10:20 (Ref:3987868)   #17
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Lewis blew everyone away in qualifying and dominated the race - but starting from the front in a Mercedes he was always going to do that. Was it a great race drive? No, not really. You got the impression that he really wasn't having to try very hard at all, with Bottas mired in a scrap with Verstappen there was no need for Hamilton to push - a cruise and collect victory. So he did everything right and deserved the victory but it's not 'driver of the Grand Prix' stuff for me.

Perez would have got my vote if he'd not clobbered Albon in his attempt to take 4th - a bit more patience would I suspect have seen Perez breeze past Albon in a straight line somewhere.

Sooo - Norris gets the vote mainly for the last lap opportunism. Good work from McLaren to switch the drivers, without that Norris wouldn't have got a far as he did.