View Single Post
Old 20 Jul 2020, 11:09 (Ref:3989720)   #18
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Driver of the Grand Prix for me probably Magnussen - that Haas has no business being in the points. Good call to swap to slicks (althought the call to originally be on wets was extremely odd)
I think the decision was simply to do something different to the majority, which is a dice to be rolled when in that position.
Initially they opted for Wets, but as the start got ever closer it became apparent that if you were going to do something different to the field, slicks was the only viable option.

Hindsight makes it look like a good call - personally I think it was just a gamble that went their way. I appreciate them trying it though - it's always better when someone tries a different approach which is still competitive.