GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
VSCC Thruxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Powell View Post
I don't think it was a VSCC meeting, but the BARC used to put on The Brooklands Raceday which was all historic racing including vintage, veteran and even Edwardian cars, as well as big banger sportscars. Ted Williams, the ex hillclimber raced a big March, either a 707 or 717 there and I'm also pretty sure it was his first time going round instead of up.
Managed to have a look back through the Motorsport Archives and discovered that the VSCC held meetings at Thruxton from it's opening season in 1968 through to 1972 and once again for a final time in 1974.

I remember going to one of the Brooklands Trophy meetings in 1983. It featured an eclectic mix of races including a VSCC Handicap, a round of the Atlantic Computers Historic GT series and a round of the Marlboro British Formula Three championship. The Atlantic Computers race had a huge grid headed by John Foulston (McLaren M8F) and Mike Wheatley (BRM P154) while the Formula Three round saw the latest instalment of the season long Senna/Brundle battle.