View Single Post
Old 8 Feb 2019, 16:46 (Ref:3882658)   #17
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accident View Post

Even the "good" WRC coverage comes in 23~ minute highlights, and 10 mins of those highlights are a recap of the day before and talking to the drivers at the service area. There's so many beautiful, exciting sections of the rallies that we don't see, and drivers that won't even get mentioned that it makes the coverage seem disjointed and I think it makes it tough for people to get invested in it.

This has been my frustration with WRC coverage for well over a decade now. The awful television presentation hit rock bottom with Motors TV in the UK years ago when it was literally a few seconds of a car then cut to interview at stage end. Repeat endlessly for 30mins. It was terrible, complete garbage in fact.

Things haven't improved much in my view. What on earth do they do with all the footage they film? A highlights shows should be an hour an least in my opinion with 50 minutes of pure action.

I watch Red Bull TV for the WRC but I've learned to skip the superfluous stuff at the beginning and end. It does nothing for me and I simply don't care for it. It eats into the racing action but they at least cover the super special at length in one of the programs.

Sometimes I feel the 'pure sounds' videos fans upload to youtube is far superior. Sure, it can be repetitive and so you'll have to watch lots to take in different stages and so on and obviously there's no commentary but they manage to make the sport exciting visually.