View Single Post
Old 2 Apr 2019, 08:16 (Ref:3894798)   #30
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Was Kimi 2005 when his from tire was so badly flat spotted that the front suspension let go shortly before the end of the race? If that's the case, the car was under severe vibration for a while before things fell apart.

Vettel's front wing came off in short order after the spin which would lead to tell me how super fragile these front wings are this year. Ricci's wing peeled off pretty easy too hitting that grass side walk at the start in Oz.

We have all seen where cars have even taken some bad bumps and some air and the wings have stayed intact.

Just seems bizarre how quickly Vettel's wing came off. Maybe there is more to the story, who knows.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
If I remember correctly, Kimi did several laps on the flat-spotted tyre before the suspension failed. Vettel only did a couple of corners before his wing came off. Either the wing posts are far too fragile, or there's more to this story than we are being told. I hadn't thought of it before, but perhaps Leclerc should have been very nervous about his own front wing after that.