View Single Post
Old 20 May 2015, 16:22 (Ref:3539695)   #18
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
I know that they're different as far as the drive-train and hybrid technology goes. But for the untrained eye (barring the different-colored liveries), all 3 current manufacturers barring Nissan have fielded mid-engined LMP1 cars.

Like I said, I'll applaud BMW if they tackle Le Mans differently other than going conventional. If they want to put the engine (or a big electric motor/battery) beside the driver, I'm fine with that!
Question: do you want WEC to be a car show or a professional sport/racing series where the best car wins because it is the best and not because it is the most different?

Funny how now after Nissan and their PR-propaganda "conventional" has such a negative tone, as if it was somehow an easy and lazy route. It is only logical and lets say Darwinistic to follow a concept that has been proven as a winner. Didn't see many complaints back in Peugeot years when they at times used even the exactly same engine configuration than Audi.

Last edited by deggis; 20 May 2015 at 16:29.