View Single Post
Old 17 Jul 2019, 12:12 (Ref:3918149)   #30
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
I plan to go to Suzuka in 2020 for the 10 Hours so I’ll get to make the comparison now.

My perception is heavily influenced by how photogenic circuits are (see my signature below!). Nürburgring, Spa, Laguna Seca etc thus stand out. So does Brands Hatch. The USA seems to have an awesome collection of distinctive and pretty tracks. UK circuits less so and Silverstone least of all. But I recognise that this is a particular bias of mine, unrelated to the pure quality of the racing produced.

Silverstone is in this sense the inverse of Paul Ricard, which is a highly photogenic track in a beautiful setting which produces largely dull racing. I am not so fixated on my photos that I don’t recognise the primary importance of the track action.

My final point here is that my grumpiness with Silverstone is how smaller events are treated - none of the good grandstands open, circuit closed on Fridays etc. None of this applies to the GP.