View Single Post
Old 18 Jul 2019, 19:32 (Ref:3918385)   #25
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Can we seriously see Kvyat being re-promoted to Red Bull? Surely not......??? If I had no choice outside what I already have, I'd keep Gasly.

Russell seriously needs to find himself another berth before his career is completely killed off before it's really started.
I agree with both there and would add who could someone sign Ocon at this point? Renault backed out to put Ricciardo in the seat and Wolff and Abiteboul have had a word joust about being gentleman and backing out of the deal. But just today I've seen reports of him in Haas before the end of the season and in the Renault or Mercedes for 2020 so apparently everyone wants him.

Promoting Kvyat would mean you have to release Gasly, you can't demote him and expect a result with the history Red Bull has had. And it's not like Dany is tearing up the racing scene and at the front of the mid-pack. Gasly has had his moments and 55 points compared to 12 points to Kvyat, neither have any podium appearances but that's a wide margin of points.

Russell I think has the challenge of being MB affiliated and being behind Ocon who they can't manage to find a seat in the field. He's stuck until Lewis, or Bottas even, decides he's done racing I think. They have the old Red Bull problem and one Marko wishes he still had, too many drivers and not enough seats.