View Single Post
Old 6 Sep 2020, 23:10 (Ref:4000645)   #20
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
Gasly drove well (as he has most of the season) but he lucked into the race win due to the race director’s incompetence.

It could have been Hamilton for another dominant performance on Saturday and Sunday, up to the point when he got that penalty (not of his making). Then he got his head down and made an excellent recovery drive including grabbing the point for fastest lap.

But my Driver of the GP is Carlos Sainz. Qualified 3rd behind the Mercs. Got to second via a demon start. His second place finish owes nothing to luck because he was well on course to be second behind Hamilton before all the silliness kicked off. Given another lap or two, he would have won. His only mistake I saws was whacking the kerb at Retifilio on the last lap, which possibly prevented him from getting a run on Gasly at the next chicane.
I think he might have had more of a chance had he not tried to unsettle Gasly with several dummy moves involving repositioning the car to show him his nose. But it may indeed have made no difference. I also award it to Sainz for sn impressive weekend, particularly since FP3.

Another top job by Gasly, though. Pleased for him.