View Single Post
Old 22 Feb 2015, 03:16 (Ref:3507552)   #62
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane001 View Post
Pretty much totally agree with this.

Regarding pulling down the marques, don't agree with this. If you've made the effort to get up there early and paid for the full weekend, there should be some benefit for this. Also imagine the shitfight Sunday morning if everyone had to rush to try and get the best spot and setup there margues etc before race start. Wouldn't be a pretty sight lol.

I was up the top Sunday afternoon only for a couple of hours with my son, we pretty much walked from Reid Park all the way down to Forests and back, and the marques weren't really a big issue. No we couldn't get to the fence at Skyline but this was pretty much the only section. I wouldn't like to see the marques right up against the fence anywhere else though. At Skyline you could still easily see the track over the top as you're walking along. Everywhere else they should be (and mostly were) on the top of the ridge.
I had my marquee set up from 7.00 on Friday morning until the last lap on Sunday, however it was on the ridge between Reid Park and McP so it wasn't on the fence line and it was in the open and not taking up a valuable shaded area.
Does my memory serve me correctly in remembering that last year there were two lanes that were set up for cars to get up top at the check point, where as this year there was only 1 ?