View Single Post
Old 26 Sep 2018, 14:16 (Ref:3852786)   #12
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The simple fact is the courses were not very well designed in the early days, Gronholm hit a concrete block and Topi nose dived over a stupid jump into a lorry as I recall!! Or a platform. 40 to stop in no time.

You can blame the drivers all you want, and it is their fault, but it was hardly good PR, looked awful, ruined one mans career.

They were all in on the PR and hype, can you blame them? It was the first time RX had any kind of PR push at this level.

Jumps have no part, they are hugely false and also don't help making it any more spectacular, once you have seen it, you have seen it, big deal. Unless the point is to introduce accidents, (of which there have been some)

Joker laps I have never minded, contrary to what people would have you believe on here, I think they work fine, even in the old days in Sweden and Norway. Some are awful like Lydden, some are fine.