View Single Post
Old 8 Jun 2005, 10:51 (Ref:1323074)   #23
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Palmer
I remember when the touring cars did one lap shot out's. One driver complained about the gravel on the track left by the car in front of him. The gravel was in fact the wrong side of the Paddock Hill curbing the bit he should not have been on anyway. And I don't know any Marshal that would run across the gravel and sweep the track clean between cars on any lap.

The answer to stopping car running wide and using bits of circuit they shouldn't is to remove the run off. Look at Monaco armco all round but very few cars run wide and hit it twice.

Ahhh that was our old friend Mr Plato who followed Matt Neals 'hot lap'. Mr Plato caused quite a stir when he made disparaging comments about the men in orange to Autosport. When the BTCC boys came back to Brands later that year I popped into the local newsagent on my way to the circuit to buy a 'sorry you are leaving' card (Williams Renault had pulled out of the BTCC). All the guys on Post 4A signed the card, the envelope was half filled with gravel, and handed to his race mechanics to pass to Jason. On the parade lap I walked in front of his car sweeping the track all the way from Post 3 to Post 4 which didn't amuse Mr Plato one iota.